Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Wolf Boy & the Everything Factory


Howdy folks. It's been a hell of a year, hasn't it? Don't worry, we're still kicking! I want to share a very special project I got to work on this year for Bento Box Studios and Apple TV+: Wolf Boy and the Everything Factory! The show manages a fine balance between being a cute, heart-warming tale of friendship & whimsy, and having an epic struggle between the forces of creation & destruction. More importantly, EVERYTHING about the show is simply gorgeous! It's also relief to finally have a more child-friendly show on my resume I can show my son. (He's already a HUGE fan, by the way.)

I was brought on as a Retake Animator for this show, which means I was part of the team that came in after the first animation pass was finished. That meant the bulk of my time was spent lip-synching & retiming animation to the finalized soundtrack, but there were still plenty of full animation scenes where I was asked to replace, update or punch up the performances on many of the characters. The upshot is I got to touch scenes all over the first 9 episodes, including many of the shots in the above trailer! It's is a nice feeling. It was also interesting how widespread production teams can be now in this age of remote communication. I was a New York Animator working with a studio in Atlanta, coordinating with another team way out in California! 

I hope you enjoy watching Wolf Boy as much as I enjoyed working on it. Like I said, you can find it now on Apple TV+. Here's a couple more video features they put out about it, featuring some of the people I was lucky enough to get to work remotely with.




No comments: